About The Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra
Add to Favourites
The Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra a non-profit organisation that supports people and communities from culturally and linguistically (CALD) diverse backgrounds in the Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama and Shoalhaven Local Government Areas. MCCI delivers a range of services across NSW and the ACT, including aged care, youth development programs, stakeholder engagement, community capacity building, volunteering and training services.
In essence, these principles commit us and the people of NSW to:
- share democratic values, governed by the rule of law and promote a unified commitment to Australia
- accept that we have diverse linguistic, religious and ancestral backgrounds
- create opportunities for all people to participate in all aspects of public life
- respect and provide for different cultures, languages and religions, with English recognised as our common language
- provide the greatest possible access to government programs and services
- promote and maximise the value of our diverse cultural and linguistic heritage to develop NSW.
An inclusive society that embraces, celebrates and values cultural diversity.
We are a leadership voice for culturally and linguistically diverse communities, providing services that meet community needs, promote harmony and social inclusion, and build community capacity.
- Diversity – We believe in an inclusive and culturally diverse society
- Respect – We value the contributions of all people, celebrate diversity, and uphold the dignity of others
- Integrity – We always act in an open, honest, ethical and courageous way
- Empowerment – We advocate and actively support others to realise their aspirations and goals
- Collaboration – We work cooperatively with others who share our vision, values and purpose
- Hope – We are inspired by the potential that change can bring to our community